Manager/ Senior Manager, Talent Development, Learning by Design
Job no: 492343
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Talent Development
About DesignSingapore Council Pte Ltd (Dsg)
DesignSingapore Council’s (Dsg) vision is for Singapore to be an innovation-driven economy and a loveable city through design by 2025. As the national agency that promotes design, our mission is to develop the design sector, help Singapore use design for innovation and growth, and make life better in this UNESCO Creative City of Design. The Dsg is a subsidiary of the Singapore Economic Development Board.
About Talent Development Unit
The Talent Development Unit formulates and implements policies and initiatives to grow a pipeline of future ready workforce by infusing design into our national skills sets. The policies and initiatives aim to capitalise on the growth opportunities in the 4th Industrial Revolution and to address challenges in skills gaps, using a multiple-pronged approach to cater to the needs of both designers and non-designers across General Education (GE), Pre-Employment Training (PET) and Continuing Education and Training (CET).
About this Role
This position reports to the Assistant Director, Talent Development. You will be part of a team responsible for implementing talent policies and strategies to nurture design sensibilities as a national capability. You will have a chance to be involved in policy development and implementation of the Learning by Design initiative by engaging and co-creating with key stakeholders in the General Education space, such as students, educators, community and industry programme partners.
We are seeking a self-initiated individual who is passionate about design and enjoys working with people. Here is what you will do:
- Drive the implementation of programmes under the Learning by Design initiative to infuse design thinking in General Education (from Primary, Secondary Schools to Junior Colleges);
- Develop and co-create projects with key stakeholders to support the educators and students’ design education journey;
- Support the development and implementation of a Communications & Outreach Plan as well as a learning resource portal to raise awareness of design thinking and facilitate the building of a community of educators, students, parents and industry stakeholders; and
- Monitor, track and report project performance and budget utilisation using appropriate tracking mechanism and tools.
To meet the challenges of this role, here is what we are looking out for:
- You are self-driven, agile, results-oriented with strong written and communication skills to engage diverse stakeholder group at all levels;
- You are a fast learner who can multi-task and adapt to fast-changing environment;
- You are a strong team player who is independent and inquisitive;
- You possess strong writing, analytical and decision-making skills;
- You are passionate about design and education, and have relevant experience in networking and developing relationships across stakeholder types and organisations; and
- You have a degree with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, and knowledge of design sector and/or prior background in the General Education will be advantageous.
- Only Singaporeans need apply
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend