Senior Manager/Assistant Director, Marketing Communications
Job no: 492348
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Marketing Communications
About DesignSingapore Council Pte Ltd (Dsg)
DesignSingapore Council’s (Dsg) vision is for Singapore to be an innovation-driven economy and a loveable city through design by 2025. As the national agency that promotes design, our mission is to develop the design sector, help Singapore use design for innovation and growth, and make life better in this UNESCO Creative City of Design. The Dsg is a subsidiary of the Singapore Economic Development Board.
About the Marketing Communications Unit
To develop Singapore into a thriving innovation-driven economy and loveable city by design, the Marketing Communications unit raises the level of design appreciation on home ground by amplifying Dsg’s initiatives, publicising Singapore design and designers, and advocating the impact and value of design. The unit also advances the Singapore Design Brand internationally, elevating Singapore’s reputation as a leading UNESCO Creative City of Design and a thought leader for Global-Asian design excellence.
About this Role
Are you a strong communicator and passionate about headlining impactful Integrated Marketing Communications campaigns, and owning their successful execution?
As a Senior Manager/Assistant Director at the DesignSingapore Council’s (Dsg) Marketing Communications unit, you play an integral role in amplifying the work of Dsg in helping businesses adopt design for growth, building a future-ready workforce of design-thinkers, and more. A typical day for you might look like this:
- As you love taking on exciting challenges, you get a kick out of integrating and optimising all essential components of the marketing mix including: earned (eg: media and influencer relations, bylines, speaking opportunities); paid (eg: advertorials, boosted content); owned (eg: website, content marketing, videos) and shared (eg: organic social) media to ensure that critical messaging and communications strategies are consistent across all channels, and deliver maximum communications impact.
- You are constantly flexing your critical thinking abilities into developing, leading and executing integrated marketing communications strategies and programmes across all channels - to advance Dsg’s corporate reputation and promote its programmes and initiatives; drive greater understanding of the value and impact of design; and elevate the Singapore design brand.
- You take ownership of your relationship with internal stakeholders, and will provide strategic communications counsel and support in areas like digital marketing, branding, content development and media engagement, working hand in hand with them to ensure successful project outcomes.
- You love learning new things, and will quickly seek to learn about the design industry, Dsg and the universe of its stakeholders in order to create, curate and distribute relevant and compelling content to inspire specific target audience groups into action.
- You are motivated and driven, and will continuously seek to drive positive coverage of Dsg programmes/initiatives through both mainstream and alternative media, including amplification, and are always on the lookout for advocates and thought leadership opportunities.
This role is all about constantly creating fresh new opportunities for Dsg and the Singapore design brand. You must have/be:
- A mature and responsible marketing communications professional with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in a corporate communications or marketing communications role. Work experience in both the public and private sectors would be great. PR agency experience would also be advantageous.
- A successful track record of developing, leading and rolling out Integrated Marketing Communications programmes.
- A strong understanding of the spectrum of Integrated Marketing Communications tools, an established network of press contacts, and a proven ability to identify communications opportunities beyond conventional media.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, be a proactive problem solver and have the ability to project manage.
- Great teamwork skills, with a good ability to influence outcomes as an effective collaborator and negotiator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably specialising in Mass Communications, Public Relations and Marketing.
- A high energy individual who is hands-on, result-oriented and self-directed.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend