Manager, Talent Development (Talent Policy, Planning and Research) (2-year contract)
Job no: 492349
Work type: Contract
Categories: Talent Development
About DesignSingapore Council Pte Ltd (Dsg)
DesignSingapore Council’s (Dsg) vision is for Singapore to be an innovation-driven economy and a loveable city through design by 2025. As the national agency that promotes design, our mission is to develop the design sector, help Singapore use design for innovation and growth, and make life better in this UNESCO Creative City of Design. The Dsg is a subsidiary of the Singapore Economic Development Board.
About Talent Development Unit
The Talent Development Unit formulates and implements policies and initiatives to grow a pipeline of future ready workforce by infusing design into our national skills sets. The policies and initiatives aim to capitalise on the growth opportunities in the 4th Industrial Revolution and to address challenges in skills gaps, using a multiple-pronged approach to cater to the needs of both designers and non-designers across General Education (GE), Pre-Employment Training (PET) and Continuing Education and Training (CET).
About this Role
We are looking for passionate individuals to join Dsg’s Talent Development division. This position reports to the Assistant Director (Talent Development). You will be part of a team responsible for formulating talent policies and strategies as well as research to develop a strong and supportive design education and training ecosystem. Your portfolio is to oversee the planning and implementation of the Design Education Advisory Committee (DEAC) in strengthening the linkages between the schools and industry for a vibrant design education ecosystem in Singapore. More information on the DEAC can be found here.
We are seeking a self-initiated individual who is passionate about design and enjoys working with people. Here is what you will do in overseeing the secretariat planning and implementation activities for the DEAC:
- Work with the Chairman and appointed consultant on content development and engagement strategies to drive outcomes set out for the committee;
- Engage and support members, comprising design industry professionals, key business leaders from non-design sectors, and leaders from the Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) to drive collaborations and prototype developments;
- Translate and facilitate the dissemination of intelligence and insights gathered to influence and create synergies across the stakeholders;
- Perform secretariat duties, including providing administrative and logistical support to the committee, such as organising meetings and coordinating with members on scheduling;
- Work with Dsg Marketing and Communications Unit to promote the awareness of committee through a mix of above-the-line and below-the-line channels (such as Dsg website, social media, publications and events); and
- Oversee project timelines, budget planning and resource allocation, including monitoring and measurement of outcomes for reporting purposes, and conducting procurement activities, where required.
We are looking for a self-initiated individual who has/is:
- Self-driven, agile, results-oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage diverse stakeholder group at all levels;
- Passionate with strong conviction to develop a design-empowered workforce to support the transformation of Singapore’s future;
- Resilient, willing to learn and can work in a fast-paced environment;
- Possess good analytical, research and good project management skills;
- Have relevant experiences in engaging and managing multi-party collaborations;
- Good understanding of the various government initiatives in relation to human capital development; and
- Knowledge of design sector and/or prior experience in managing industry committees will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend