Assistant Manager / Manager, Talent Development (Jobs & Skills)
Job no: 492361
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Talent Development
We are looking for passionate individuals to join Dsg’s Talent Development Unit. This position reports to the Assistant Director. You will be part of a team responsible for conceptualising and implementing talent development programmes and initiatives to nurture a design-empowered workforce. You will be required to engage with relevant stakeholders and leverage on partnerships with government agencies, industry associations, training providers and enterprises to bring forth talent development initiatives as part of the Design Industry Manpower Plan. Your portfolio is to oversee the evaluation of PET and CET courses by the Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) and the implementation of the DesignSingapore Scholarship to groom our next generation of design leaders. More information on the Scholarship can be found here.
About DesignSingapore Council
DesignSingapore Council’s (Dsg) vision is for Singapore to be an innovation-driven economy and a loveable city through design by 2025. As the national agency that promotes design, our mission is to develop the design sector, help Singapore use design for innovation and growth, and make life better in this UNESCO Creative City of Design. The Dsg is a subsidiary of the Singapore Economic Development Board. www.designsingapore.org
About Talent Development Unit
The Talent Development Unit formulates and implements policies and initiatives to grow a pipeline of future ready workforce by infusing design into our national skills sets. The policies and initiatives aim to capitalise on the growth opportunities in the 4th Industrial Revolution and to address challenges in skills gaps, using a multiple-pronged approach to cater to the needs of both designers and non-designers across General Education (GE), Pre-Employment Training (PET) and Continuing Education and Training (CET).
We are seeking a self-initiated individual who is passionate about design and enjoys working with people. Here is what you will do:
- Oversee the annual application cycle of scholarship and management of existing scholars, including coordinating on funding-related matters, monitoring their academic progress, and providing support for their study-related needs;
- Continually seek ways to optimise operational processes and funding parameters, with the goals of streamlining the approval and grants administration processes;
- Develop the communications and outreach plan with Dsg Marketing and Communications Unit to profile scholars and increase quality applications for the scholarship through a mix of above-the-line and below-the-line channels;
- Perform secretariat duties such as planning and organising scholarship interviews and award ceremony, including selection and invitation of jury panel members and administrative support;
- Oversee the budget planning and resource allocation, including monitoring and measurement of outcomes for reporting purposes, grants administration and conducting procurement activities, where required;
- Engage with the DesignSingapore Associates Network (DAN) to raise design sensibilities in the community through projects and events, ranging from talks, panel discussions and exhibitions; and
- Oversee the Course Evaluation Framework by engaging the IHLs in the review and development of design and related PET and CET courses to ensure industry relevance and alignment to emerging manpower and skills demand.
We are looking for a self-initiated individual who has/is:
- Self-driven, agile, results-oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage diverse stakeholder group at all levels;
- Passionate with strong conviction to develop a design-empowered workforce to support the transformation of Singapore’s future;
- Resilient, fast learner who can multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Possess good analytical and good project management skills;
- Have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in talent-related programme development and implementation;
- Good understanding of the various government initiatives in relation to human capital development; and
- Knowledge of design sector and design education will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend