Executive (Workplace Management), Corporate Development
Job no: 492367
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Corporate Development
As the Executive (Workplace Management) of the Corporate Development unit, you will play an important supporting role in developing and managing a happier and healthier work environment for the employees of the DesignSingapore Council (Dsg), in alignment with our organisational objectives and core values. You will provide essential support in driving workplace initiatives to optimise performance, enhance productivity and cost-efficiency, as well as work closely with internal and external stakeholders to transform Dsg’s current office space into an office of the future. You will also assist in streamlining, improving or even creating new workplace management processes that will elevate the workplace experience and company culture for all Dsg officers.
About DesignSingapore Council
DesignSingapore Council’s (Dsg) vision is for Singapore to be an innovation-driven economy and a loveable city through design by 2025. As the national agency that promotes design, our mission is to develop the design sector, help Singapore use design for innovation and growth, and make life better in this UNESCO Creative City of Design. The Dsg is a subsidiary of the Singapore Economic Development Board.
About the Corporate Development Unit
The Corporate Development (CD) Unit is the corporate engine behind Dsg, providing vital services and support in the areas of Human Resources, Information Technology, Procurement and Workplace Management, to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the Council. Our goal is for Dsg to be an attractive place to work in, where staff are engaged and aligned with organisation values and have a purposeful and happy workplace experience.
This role reports to the Director of Corporate Development at Dsg, and your responsibilities entail supporting the day-to-day office administration and work environment duties and activities, which include but are not limited to:
- Operate the full spectrum of daily operations for Dsg office, including upkeeping the workplace environment and its related cyclical repairs and improvement works.
- Manage inventory of office hardware and supplies including but not limited to office equipment, stationery, pantry supplies and appliances, etc, along with procurement, expense tracking and vendor management.
- Assist in reviewing and updating office policies, systems and processes to support staff productivity and work efficiency, including but not limited to local transport claims, overseas travel administration, security access, digital name cards, workplace and fire safety, get-well hamper and sympathy arrangements, entertainment, gift inventory and declaration, etc.
- Perform back-up role of Dsg’s fire warden, including assisting in managing annual fire drills.
- Assist in managing and updating Dsg’s business continuity plan and call tree structure, and conducting call tree simulation exercises annually, including submitting post-call reports.
- Plan and implement seating arrangements as well as hybrid work arrangement schedule for staff.
- Assist in planning and running platforms such as townhalls and staff meetings for regular internal communications.
- Assist in planning and organising team bonding activities and staff wellness initiatives that are aligned with organisational core values to foster social bonds and boost staff morale.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of office renovation project for the transformation of the Dsg space into an office of the future, including all its related procurements and project works and milestones (eg, office move, return to office preparations, seat planning, etc).
- Assist in procuring, managing and maintaining relevant contracts including but not limited to integrated facilities management services, insurance coverage, office and pantry equipment and supplies, etc, ensuring timely payments and subscription renewals, as well as contractors’ service standard levels are met.
- Monitor and track the unit’s key performance indicators and conduct annual survey to assess staff satisfaction with work processes, systems and workplace environment.
- Perform the role as one of Dsg’s Goods Receipt Officers (GRO) to certify that goods and services are received in accordance with purchase orders and invoices for payment processing.
- Any other operational and administrative matters as required.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must be/have:
- A diploma with at least 3 years of related and relevant administrative experience. Experience in office administration will be an advantage.
- Responsible and detail-oriented with strong organisation, planning and time management skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to engage both internal and external stakeholders, as well as a desire to meet the needs of others.
- Able to work both independently and as a team, and willing to take on challenges and new initiatives.
- Resourceful, flexible, able to prioritise, troubleshoot and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in procurement and in working in a quasi-government agency or similar environment will be an advantage.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend