Impact Design Lead, School of X
Job no: 492369
Work type: Permanent
Categories: School of X
As Impact Design Lead of School of X (SoX), you will be involved in the full spectrum of SoX activities (from pre- to post-workshop) to ensure intentional translation of client objectives and needs into SoX programme design and post-workshop engagement activities, in order to support sustained outcomes. You will be responsible for developing and managing the SoX coaching and mentoring products that enable participants to continue to apply their design skills in a structured and focused way beyond the classroom to bring their solutions towards implementation. You will also be responsible for overseeing the Community of Curious Practice and working with the SoX team to seek ongoing opportunities to grow and strengthen engagement with the SoX community, to support our alumni in contributing to an ecosystem that supports their continued growth and practice.
The SoX Impact Design Lead will work closely with the SoX Programme Design Lead to shape programmes together that meet the specific needs of each project, and you will support the Programme Design Lead in guiding the SoX Design Facilitators to ensure they understand the needs and objectives of each programme and can align facilitation practices with the intended outcomes. You will also support the SoX team in various aspects of business and training operations of the SoX programme, including organising workshops and managing the SoX resources.
About DesignSingapore Council
DesignSingapore Council’s (Dsg) vision is for Singapore to be an innovation-driven economy and a loveable city through design by 2025. As the national agency that promotes design, our mission is to develop the design sector, help Singapore use design for innovation and growth, and make life better in this UNESCO Creative City of Design. The Dsg is a subsidiary of the Singapore Economic Development Board.
About the School of X
The School of X is a classroom without walls, established by DesignSingapore Council to equip people from all walks of life with collaborative design skills and design-led creative thinking mindsets to enable them to solve real-world social and organisational challenges, that create sustained change and lasting impacts. Participants, design experts, and challenge sponsors work together through an iterative and emergent process, to uncover new insights and unlock creative solutions that enable new outcomes to be achieved. The process is enabled and supported by hands-on workshops, tools, and resources with a network of partners from across industry and public sector to bring about new ways of problem-solving, through design. For more information, please visit www.sox.sg.
This role reports to the Director of School of X at Dsg, and your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Outcomes-Focused Programme Design, Management and Development
- Engage clients in the early phase of business development, together with SoX Business Operations Lead, to gain a clear understanding of client needs and develop a comprehensive proposal (including post-workshop offerings) to achieve clients’ aspirations
- Translate client requirements into learning design considerations and work with SoX Programme Design Lead to tailor the SoX programme content and learning experiences to meet participant needs and increase the likelihood of achieving project outcomes
- Conceptualise and develop new SoX offerings and resources (e.g. mentorship-based advisory, masterclasses, toolkits, etc) that meet identified unmet needs, to strengthen the ways in which SoX enables organisations and participants to develop sustainable and effective design mindsets, skills and outcomes
Programme Review and Outcomes Management/ Sustaining Design Practice and Implementation
- Engage with Challenge Sponsors to review programme outcomes and recommend how to sustain impacts from SoX programmes
- Design and take action to realise stakeholder engagement plans for teams and individuals graduating from SoX programmes, to enable sustained practice, implementation of solutions where appropriate, and continued learning
- Story-tell the sustained impact of SoX programmes and events to inspire the community in taking design action, and manage SoX communication platforms such as website and social media
- Develop reports, as required, that provide overview of project outputs, outcomes and learning points, as well as contributing to or writing tracking and insights reports, as and when required.
Design Coaching and Capability Development
- Support SoX Programme Design Lead in developing and coaching SoX Design Facilitators to ensure a consistent standard of facilitation practice that aligns with SoX andragogy, values and objectives and achieves reliable, quality results tailored to meet each client’s needs
- Support growth of Dsg through internal capability building programmes and contribute towards internal design-led initiatives for the organisation
- Provide training operations support to the SoX team to drive effective learning and project outcomes, (e.g. by supporting logistics, set-up, spatial layouts, and workshop co-facilitation)
To meet the challenges of this role, you must:
- Have minimum Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience in delivering, and working with or coaching others, in design, innovation or change projects
- Care about using design to create impactful outcomes, and building others to solve their own challenges
- Have strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate with diverse audience profiles sensitively and with clarity
- Have a track record in teaching and/or coaching people to use design thinking methods and tools to solve real world challenges
- Have experience in using design to tackle complex real-world challenges, including working with non-professional or vulnerable communities
- Have experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with diverse stakeholder engagement requirements
- Understand how to translate strategic directions into action plans that can create desired results
- Ideally have some knowledge of Theory of Change, complexity science, systems thinking or strategic design, and be able to draw upon that knowledge to connect the dots between client needs and desired outcomes
- Be motivated to find new opportunities to create greater impacts and be able to present innovative ideas in a way that resonates with and engages stakeholders
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend